|G. W. Carver Elementary was built in 1950 as George Washington Carver High School within the Henry County Public School system. It was named after the African American agriculturist, chemist, inventor, and educator, George Washington Carver. It served the African American community of Henry County. In 1967, the faculty of the school became integrated, and in 1971, the students integrated. In 1988, George Washington Carver High School became G. W. Carver Middle School. In the fall of 2004, G. W. Carver Middle School became Carver Elementary School.